Thursday, March 25, 2010

Tuesday - another day with no pictures

Sorry Miriam, no pictures today. 

A few of us from the office had training in Idaho Falls today from 1 to 5.  Jerika was supposed to have voice lessons, but they got cancelled, so I was able to run to Walmart in Idaho Falls after the training.  The main reason I am posting though is because of the funny thing that happened Tuesday night.

Here it is...... I went to the movie with my mom and her friend Linda.  When we got there they both paid for their movie and when it was my turn, the girl at the counter asked me if I wanted the same thing.  I said yes, thinking she meant the movie.  Well, the next thing out of her mouth was these words, "are you a senior too?"  Yes, that is what she asked me, my mom and her friend were Senior Citizens and she wanted to know if I was too.  I asked her if she was serious and said she just assumed that since I was with them I was too.  I didn't cry, I didn't yell, and I didn't freak out, but I did tell her that since she asked me that question, she WAS going to give me the Senior Citizens discount and she did.  The movie by the way was the Bounty Hunter and it was a really cute movie.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You go, girl!!

Colette said...

NICE!!! My mood lately I would have thrown something at her. Hope she gave you free chocolate, popcorn, and a pop too!!! Can't we "young" people hang out with senior citizens too?