Monday, March 15, 2010

My friend Kate

MY GOOD FRIENDS - DAVE & KATE are moving to Washington, well Dave has already moved.  Anyway, I hate that they are moving!!  I'm not even sure how long they have lived in our ward, but I am pretty sure they only had 1 baby when they moved here and now they have 3 little boys.  I am so sad to see them go!!  She has been what I would call a "life changing asset" to our ward.  This wasn't the easiest ward to move into when I first moved here and she has really rallied people together to make it the good ward that it is.  She will try to tell you the credit shouldn't all go to her, but I'm am sure that is one of the main reasons she was sent to little Sugar City, Idaho.  I am also pretty sure she will have the same affect on her ward in Washington when she moves to live with Dave the beginning of April.  I had the pleasure of serving with her in the Young Womens and just recently as I struggled with some problems, she we the VOICE OF REASON!!  She is so much younger than me, but wise way beyond her years.  I know she will still be just a phone call away, but we are going to miss her REALLY, REALLY bad!!   Before Dave left, we had a little party for them at their house, which is for sale by the way, so if anyone is in the market, let me know.  Anyway, here are a few pictures from the party.

Kate, Braden & Dave

Just some of the many guests and people that love the Mills.
Colton, Callie, Kate, Jocelyn, Suzette, Me, Kathy

Tanner. Wow, that is blurry.  Anyway, they are the cutest boys and I am going to miss them.  They have been my little buddies at church.  I get to color with them and usually I take them treats.  I guess I am going to have to adopt some other little kids to sit by us at church, but it just won't be the same!!  Kinlee doesn't understand why I am so upset, she said we could just go visit on the weekends.  Little does she know it takes so much longer to get there than Utah and she hates that trip.  Anyway, we will all miss you guys!!
GOODBYE, we Love you and we will try to visit.

3 comments:

Mills Family said...

This makes me cry. You are so sweet. We will miss you too, and I hope you are good on your word when you say you will visit. I am afraid we will be out of sight out of mind. I love you! You have no idea just how you have changed my life too. I needed a friend like you who was willing to adopt my kids and love them and help me with them. You too are one of a kind, thanks for being you.

Jen said...

Aww! That is so sweet. It makes me cry, too! I think I have been in denial that they are really leaving. She is wonderful, thanks for doing this post. (you're wonderful too!)

Mauna said...

Hi there! Just to let you know that I go out and read your blog and see the pictures that you have posted every now and then. It is fun so keep it up.