Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Leaving on a jet plane day 1

Leaving on a jet plane, day 1 expect picture overload
So the time finally came that we could load up and head to Salt Lake for our trip to New York City.  We were so excited that we could hardly contain ourselves.  We left early Tuesday morning on the 19th of July and headed to Amanda’s mother in laws house, she had a cute snack ready for all of us to eat when we got there.  We left my car there and they drove us to the airport.  We got all checked in with plenty of time to spare and Jerika was so excited to fly, this was her first time.  Then we got in the plane and she was super anxious, but she handled it like a champ.  We flew from Salt Lake to Minneapolis, Minnesota and caught our connecting flight to Dulles Airport in Virginia.  We land there at about 11:00 p.m. and Amanda’s dad came and picked us up.  We walked out of the airport at 11:30 p.m. and the humidity hit us like a brick.  Now, people had warned me about the humidity and I had been back East several years ago, but I could not believe what a difference a little humidity could make.  We drove back to Amanda’s parent’s house and her mom had fixed us so much yummy food to eat just in case we were hungry.  Then when we went upstairs to our rooms, she had the cutest stack of towels with a chocolate on our beds.  I am sad I didn’t get any pictures of Amanda’s parents but they were so accommodating to us the whole time we were there.  I told her mom I wished we could take her with us to New York so we had someone to take care of us there too.

No comments: