Monday, August 16, 2010

Quite possibly the worst weekend of my life.....

This weekend was crazy and I do have some pictures to post, but if I do it will be completely out of order.  So, I am going to just say that I am ready to move to someplace where there are no animals allowed!!  I live in the city limits and I am surrounded by animals.  Now, I am not an animal lover, but I am not an animal hater either.  But, as you can see I am typing this at three in the morning.  I am awake because I was coughing and I thought I would give Ray a little break and let him sleep since he has to be up at 4.  So, I came to sleep on the couch and as you can tell that isn't happening.  So, I am on the computer.  Last night we had some of the same issues so tonight I turned on my air conditioner when I went to bed, so I couldn't hear the animals, but since I came to sleep on the couch I hear everything.  I just posted the following comment on my facebook:  "Barking dogs plus quacking ducks, plus coughing mom, plus aches and pains from near death experience equals night number 2 of no sleep for me."  No sign of the rooster crowing yet, but I am sure I will be awake to hear that also. 

Those of you who really know me know I really need my sleep and you know how crazy I get when I can't sleep at night.  Ray and Jerika both took sleeping aids to help them sleep, but they make me feel so groggy the next day, so I chose not to take them.  However, I think I will feel much more groggy tomorrow after not sleeping at all.  Since the ducks moved in next door, Jerika has had to take sleeping pills almost every night, who knew ducks didn't need any sleep or maybe they sleep during the day, I don't know.  I feel quite lucky, however that we don't hear the sheep except when we are outside and the chickens are pretty quiet at night, except when there is a rooster in the bunch.  Wow, am I rambling or what?  I think tonight is one of those nights that it is a really good thing I don't personally own a gun. 

Okay, that is all I have to say because I am not feeling very nice right now.  If anyone knows of a place I can move where no animals are allowed, let me know.  At this point I would even consider moving back into apartments where they don't allow pets just so I can get some sleep.  Oh, did I mention we can't leave our windows open at night because of the noise too.

2 comments:

Kaeli & Kyle said...

UGH!! I am so sorry! I hate it when even neighbor dogs run into our yard, let alone other strange animals making sounds all night! Maybe you can sleep during the day today? hmmm I think im coming into Alliance to spread the news. Are you there????? Pry not :)

Anonymous said...

All I have to say is that your neighbors are inconsiderate and they should do whatever it takes to ensure their pets don't disturb others. I know, I'm not being so nice, but it's how I feel. Hope you get some sleep soon.