Monday, August 30, 2010

To Journal or not to Journal

Last week we had some issues trying to find Jerika's birth certificate so we could sign her up for drivers ed.  As a result, I pulled out all of my journals from my youth (I am 100% certain the certificates were there and now they are not).  Anyway, in looking through those journals I got thinking about writing down my thoughts and what journalling really entails.  It used to be that I felt as if my scrapbooking was my journal keeping.  When my girls asked me the other day why I don't write in my journal anymore, I told them that now my blog is my journal. (FYI my friend got hers printed into a cute little book and it is amazing.)  As I have thought about that I have decided that the events in this blog only contain my REAL feelings about some things and I mostly just focus on our family events.  Then I got thinking about it a little more and realized that I really should start writing in my personal journal again.  Life isn't always as peachy keen as I make it sound in my blog and sometimes I really should get a few things off my chest without the world having access to it.  Such as my 3 a.m. rant a few posts ago, I think they would have been better if I would have just written it in a private place.  So, that is my random journal thought for the day.  Hopefully tonight I will get the trip down the river of death story posted. 

On a completely unrelated matter, I will have all of you know that I am a good person and would pretty much do ANYTHING FOR ANYONE ANYTIME!!  So those of you Janel / Sister Young haters poo poo on you!!

1 comment:

Mills Family said...

Who is a Janel/Sis. Young hater? Shame on them...you are wonderful! Thanks for the wonderful tribute to our family on your blog!!