Friday, July 1, 2016

5k with Jerika

In an effort to lose some of the weight and because my office paid for our entrance fee, I decided to do the 5k walk in Rigby that our office manager there is in charge of putting together.  There were several of us from the office that did it and at the last minute Jerika was able to do it with me too.  I had been walking a lot just trying to get ready, because the last time I did it I wasn’t really ready and just about died (ok not really).  This time was much easier though because I had actually walked before the race.  Our times weren’t the best, but we were held up just a little by a very sad little girl in a stroller that just wanted out.  But, we finished and I actually won some running socks in the raffle.  Who knew socks could make such a difference but I have used those $15.00 socks several times and Love them.  Ray and Kinlee came at the end and cheered us on at the finish line.  It was really a lot of fun and so much warmer than last time when it rained.  After the race we loaded up in Ray’s car and went to Idaho Falls and I can’t remember for the life of me why.  But, I am sure it was something really important and really fun even though I didn’t take pictures.

No comments: