Wednesday, December 24, 2014

My birthday?

My birthday this year was super crazy!!  Since we knew it was going to be a crazy day, we went to dinner the night before as a family.  Jerika met a very nice boy online and he wanted to go out with her before going home for his Christmas break and Friday night was the only time either of them could really get together.  So, he went with us to dinner and we all had a great time.  Even Jerika said that she wanted to take us on all of her first dates that way she could get to know them better.  So, he showed up at our house right before we left for dinner and that is when he met her and the rest of the family, poor kid.  But, we liked him from the beginning and he even brought me a birthday card and present, yup I was impressed!!  On a side note, she has gone on 4 dates since the beginning of the month and 2 of them have been family dates.  Back to dinner, we went to Idaho Falls to Plum Loco and then did a little Christmas shopping and this kid was such a trooper.  Ray got me a new bath robe for my birthday and a new sweater and Jerika got me a new straightner.  My friends and family took really good care of me too. 
On my actual birthday, Kinlee had her piano recital at 10 am, which we were VERY thankful for.  I was in charge of the ward Christmas party that night and if the recital would have been in the evening it would have made life very difficult.  After the piano recital we went to Pizza Pie café for a quick lunch before I headed to the church.
 
These are the super fun people that joined us for lunch.
 
This is what 300 rolls looks like (aka 25 dozen).
 I was put in charge of the Christmas Party with my cute friend Brook Pinnock, who I really think did a lot of the heaving thinking and then the bishop told us we would ask whoever we wanted to help us.  So, we got a small committee together and it turned out really nice and went off without a hitch.  There was enough food, the program was good and lots of people even stayed afterward to help clean up.  When we were ready to go, the Bishop asked me what he could have me do next year on my birthday.  I just laughed….. 

No comments: