Saturday, December 13, 2014

Road trip because we have a sad kid

Ray and I decided Friday night since Jerika was super sad and our family was heartbroken, we should do something fun.  So we surprised Jerika and Kinlee the next morning and told them we were going to see the Christmas lights on Temple Square in Salt Lake.
 
So, we all loaded up, even Jake and headed to Utah.
 
We went to Scheels and met Austin and Kelsie there and they spent the rest of the day and evening with us.  We even rode the Ferris wheel, well Austin, Kelsie, Ray and I did, the girls refused.  It was super scary, but I was a good girl and didn't scream. 
 
 
I took this picture and posted on facebook, she really was just pulling faces, but I was hoping Dallyn would see it and feel BAD!!  I know juvenile, but I was a little angry with that boy on that day and today too.  I guess that is life though and when your child is sad, you hate the reason they are sad.
 
 
 
We had to get a hotel room that would let Jake stay with us, he is used to travelling in the big truck and was a little confused about the whole trip.  We checked into the hotel and walked to the train depot and then walked to the Cheesecake Factory to eat.  It was a 2 hour wait just to get seated, so we went to a hamburger place and waited just an hour.  So by he time we got to temple square it was a little later than we expected.   

No comments: