Tuesday, December 2, 2014

It is what it is

Have you ever noticed that life just isn't hard for some people and then other people just can’t catch a break?  I was thinking about this last night and thinking about some of our trials that we have in life compared to other people’s trials.  Now, I realize we shouldn’t compare trials and I don’t do it often, but sometimes I just look and people and think, wow you have no idea what it is like to struggle with anything.  Then this morning, I had a cute old couple come into my office because they are deeding a house they have into their granddaughter’s name.  Usually we aren’t supposed to prepare deeds for people unless they are doing title work, too much liability.  So, I didn’t create and prepare the deed for this cute couple, but simply walked them through it.  They told me the story of their granddaughter and what is happening in her life and how she can’t work because she is taking care of her 5 kids and her very sick 35 year old husband (blood clots and dementia just name a few).  Quite frankly the story is a little heartbreaking and really put my life into perspective.  I wasn’t really feeling sorry for myself, because quite frankly that ship sailed a long time ago, but I do have to think of what is to come and what the future holds for my family of 4.  This lady has 5 children and a much younger husband, and oh a missionary out.  So, when I am reading of other people’s good fortune and ability to pay things off, because they quite possibly have never had a medical issue in their entire life, I need to be thankful for my trials and experiences that I am having.  Once again I would like to reiterate that I am not having a pity party, but I think we need to look around us every day and really see people that might be struggling and try our best no matter what it might be to help alleviate some of their stress, especially this time of year.  And then remind ourselves those around us whose lives aren’t hard at all (in our eyes anyway) and have everything handed to them on a silver platter could not handle what we handle and we have the opportunity of being the stronger person. 

No comments: