Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Thanksgiving 2013

So this Thanksgiving goes down in the Young family record book as the worst Thanksgiving Ever!!  Yes, part of that was my fault, but part of it was Rays also. I am not going to bore everyone with the details, but there was a lot of NO's this year.... No pictures, No turkey, No mashed potatoes and gravy, No stuffing, No pumpkin or cherry pie, No family (except the 4 of us), No celery with cheese whiz, No smiling faces, No "I am thankful fors" around the table, I guess the only good thing was the No bra all day (I know too far right).  Next year I will be better and I think Ray's attitude will be better too.  He is just really stressing out about all of his trials and I totally understand, but I also believe our children shouldn't suffer either.  So, next year I will not try to prove a point (which by the way didn't work) and I will just realize it is about the kids and make sure I take all my meds the week before. 
I hope everyone else had a fabulous Thanksgiving and I am going to try to do better on Christmas.  We will see though.  I think I have really become a downer and a HATER.  I don't like haters, but lately I have really become one.  I hate the holidays and I hate a lot of other things lately and I am trying to work on doing better especially for my kids.  There have been a lot of people posting things about themselves on facebook lately and I was reading one lady's and she is a lot like me but one of the things that stood out mostly was the fact that she wanted more kids and only had two and was now very thankful for that and realized that was how it was supposed to be.  I too feel the same way, it was really hard having miscarriages and then ultimately deciding not to have anymore children, but now I am so thankful I just have the two that I have.  They are really my saving grace and I don't know what I would do without them.  That is one thing I don't hate and that is being a mom. 

No comments: