Wednesday, August 14, 2013

So thankful I only have 2 kids

Yesterday was such a stressful “MOM” day, but we made it through with just slight ego damage.  We are not a sporty family, but Kinlee loves volleyball.  Yesterday she tried out for the 7th grade volleyball team and sadly did not make it.  I would like to think it isn’t political and they just chose kids on their merit, but sometimes one has to wonder .  Needless to say I had one sad Kinlee, which is heartbreaking and I even shed a few tears.  As Jerika read me the letter Kinlee received she got to the bottom of the letter and it said Kinlee was invited to be the manager of the team, however.  Some of you who know me well know I was the volleyball manager for years in high school.  It goes back to the not sporty thing, but I really wanted to be where my friends were and they were all on the volleyball team.  And I had just as much fun doing that and supporting them as I would have being on the team. That being said, I explained that to Kinlee and told her I would call the coach and see what was involved and then Kinlee could make her own decision.  I called the coach and you could hear a little bit of fear in her voice (I do have a very small reputation for being a little confrontational if I don’t agree with something) and I am pretty sure she was elated to hear that I was just calling to see about the manager job and not to freak out. I found out the manager goes to all the practices and practices with the girls and travels with them but just takes stats at the game instead of playing.  I relayed this information to Kinlee and you would have thought I had handed her the world on a silver platter.  She is so excited, she just wants to play and what better way to keep her in the loop so she can try again next year.  So, Kinlee will be the 7th grade volleyball manager next year, YEAH Kinlee!!

Part 2 of my day included Jerika getting Sr. pictures for the Year Book.  They go to a local photographer and have them taken at their studio, which requires an appointment.  However, there was still a lot of waiting and it was a little stressful there too.  We did pick a picture we both liked though and moved onto our next adventure.

Which was Jerika singing the National Anthem at a rodeo.  I have pictures and story to follow in a later post.

No comments: