Friday, August 9, 2013

Pedicure


So, my girls are at camp this week, well Jerika was and now she’s somewhere else.  Anyway, today I talked to my friend Miriam (love her) and we decided to go to dinner since none of my kids were home.  We were meeting in Rexburg at 6:30 and I didn’t really want to go home and come back.  So, I could either stay and work some necessary overtime or I could find something else to do in this big city.  Decision made, I would go get a pedicure, I deserve it right?  So I made the appointment at the only place in town that has oriental people (I didn’t want anyone I knew rubbing my feet, yep I am weird like that)  As I was leaving work I was telling the ladies at work that the last time I ventured out doing something like this for myself (which was actually a gift from someone else) it was a massage.  Then I proceeded to tell them about my mortification level when the masseuse was a man and I had no clue until I got there.  Anyway long story short, I checked in to get my pedicure yesterday and you guessed it, a man is doing my pedicure.  I am okay with that however, when he started rubbing my feet I realize he only has 3 fingers.  Really, you can’t make this stuff up.  He was super nice and did a good job, however he and the other 2 workers in talked the entire time (fast) and whatever they were talking about the whole time was super funny (to them). The rest of us non oriental people just sat around in dazed confusion.  I would consider having another pedicure but I don’t know how I feel about not understanding anything they people working on me are saying.  Ok, that’s all.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Funny! That doesn't make for a very relaxing pedicure. I've been to Sage Day Spa...nice, but, way too expensive (had a gift card) - and Evans Beauty College - Reasonable price, and I thought it was relaxing. However, one of the girls dropped the polish and it splattered all over my jeans - can't remember what they did for me - but, the mgr wasn't too eager to make it right - after all I was at a college :)