Monday, November 5, 2018

More About Ben

This really isn't my story to tell but I will tell it from my point of view not Nakia's and Ben's.  They are pretty quiet and I don't know how many details they want shared publicly.  He was having chest pains one night and thought he was having a heart attack and they sent him home after testing his heart and not seeing anything out of the ordinary.  They ended up taking him back the next morning because he was having back pain.  They did a CAT scan an found a HUGE tumor in his chest.  The story is amazing and if anyone would like to hear the whole story ask Nakia or maybe she will write her story someday to be shared.  My biggest worry during this whole thing was that I wouldn't be around to help her during his surgery because Kinlee and I had scheduled our New York City trip and that fear came true.  They did the surgery when I was gone and the world didn't end, but I felt like the worst sister in the world.  I did let them take my car to Utah for the week so that at least eased my guilty sister heart a little bit.  I will cover a few more details as we go along because everything didn't happen as fast as this post.  And there were a few life altering things that happened at our house too during this time.

No comments: