Monday, March 3, 2014

Project Citizen

 
We and by we, I mean Jerika, is winding down her Senior year.  I am still really freaking out a little bit, my baby can’t be that old, can she?  I still remember the day she was born like it was yesterday.  She was a little stubborn and was breach, and wouldn’t turn so we ended up having to have a c-section with her.  I am willing to take the blame a little on the breach thing.  I remember one night I was really struggling with the fact that Ray might be on the road when I had her.  I had many conversations with my Heavenly Father and one night I remember almost begging him to make sure Ray was home when our baby was born.  That night I woke up in the middle of the night with the weirdest feeling like my stomach was turning inside out.  It wasn’t painful, but I knew something had happened.  At my next appointment the doctor told me she had turned around completely and was breach.  So, we were able to schedule a c-section and Ray was able to be home.  She was born on 9-5-95, cool right?  Anyway, she was so cute, that nurses from other places in the hospital would come into our room just to look at the “cutest” baby in the hospital. 
Okay back to high school.  All of the seniors at Madison High School have to do a project called “Project Citizen”.  They are in a group to do the project and believe me it seems like it took forever and I was just watching from the outside.  Their project was named “Solving the Winter Driving Crisis”.  They did a really good job and she even had to present and did a good job with that as well.  I was really proud of her, because she did some things on this project that weren’t easy for her and she got a B. 
Kacee Hoover (I work with her mom Lori and also went to high school with her mom)
 
Taylor, Jerika, Kacee
 
 
I think she was a little nervous!!!
 
 
 

1 comment:

Rosie said...

Janel-not sure how you found my blog--I just figured out on the stat tracker!

YOu have a lovely family!!!

I remember swinging on your swings when I would come to play with Wyatt!!!