Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Alliance Title Associate Spotlight

I guess this month I am the "Associate Spotlight" at my Company, and I had to fill out a questionnaire, so I thought I would post it on here as well.

(Company photo of me, nice right?)
Associate Spotlight Questionnaire
-Job title, branch, and BRIEF description of responsibilities?
My official job title is Title Assistant, but I have recently been moved to the front desk to better assist  our incoming customers and customers calling in, as well.  So, my responsibilities are two fold, setting up and pre-searching all the orders that come in from the 7 counties that our production unit services and also all the receptionist duties, which includes accounts receivable.
-Length of Employment?
I started working for American Land title as the typist in 1991 and was promoted to Title Officer during the year and a half that I worked there.  I left the company when I married my husband in 1993 and then came back to Alliance Title in 1995 after my first child was born.  I have been here ever since, which will be 19 years this year.
-Favorite Alliance Core Value and why?   
All of Alliance Title core values are very important to me as I feel like we can’t be the amazing company that we are without all of them.  I do think teamwork is one of the most important to me because it is my opinion that not one person can do what we do as a company.  The escrow department can’t do what they do without the title department and vice versa. 
-What do you like most about what you do?
I am all about the people.  I am quite the social person and love to make new friends and help people whenever I can.  I have made lifelong friendships throughout our company and with customers also.  I also love seeing the happy people that leave our office smiling from ear to ear because they just bought their dream home.  That is what makes it worth coming to work every day.
-Who do you admire and why?
I most admire my parents, Blaine and Janice Sharp.  They are two of the most giving people that I know and would do anything for anyone.  They have instilled in all of their children and grandchildren an amazing work ethic and have shown on a daily basis their unselfish love for everyone.
-Outside of work, what are your interests?
When I am not working, I am spending time with my amazing husband Ray and my two daughters Jerika 18 and Kinlee 13.  I also love reading, photography, scrapbooking, blogging, riding bikes with my friends, and sleeping (anytime is a good time for a nap!!)

-Favorite quote/saying and why?
I just came across this quote the other day and love it:  “Eventually all the pieces fall into place. Until then, laugh at the confusion, live for the moment and know that everything happens for a reason.”   Life sometimes throws some crazy stuff at us and no matter what it is, we need to remember that it is happening for a reason and we can make it through.

No comments: