Friday, March 28, 2014

First & Last Volleyball pic

 
This is a picture of my happy girl before her first volleyball game of the season.  By the end of the longest 6 hours I have endured in a very long time, this was not the happy face I saw.  Kinlee only played for maybe 7 minutes out the entire 6 hour day.  They weren’t actually playing the entire 6 hours, but we were there for that entire time.  Finally at the end of the day the last game, Kinlee hadn’t played and she was one sad girl.  I asked her if she just wanted to leave and she was a trooper and stayed, but that was her last game we are letting her attend.  I waited for 2 days before I called the coach, because I was so angry and I thought it best to cool down a few days.  The coach then informed me in that conversation that in club volleyball, even though everyone pays the same amount of money to play, they are there to win and my daughter will not play very much because she isn’t one of the best players.  She also informed me that Kinlee is a little social at practice and she feels like Kinlee doesn’t put forth her best effort (which of course Kinlee strongly refutes).  Remember my sports post just a few posts ago, well this just confirms all that I said in that post.  The coach did tell me they were meeting as a board the next night to decide what they were going to do (because I wasn’t the only angry parent), and wanted to know what I expected.  I told her I either want my money back or I want my daughter to be treated fairly and played just as much as the others.  Now, mind you the board is made up mostly of the sports fanatic mothers that I have been trying to avoid the last 5 years because they are a little crazy.  One year when I mentioned that the teams were pretty stacked, they did separate the girls the next year and that is when all the moms who had girls Kinlee’s age decided to all be on the board so they could pick the teams and bully the people in charge to let them do what they wanted.  Well, as I understand it this time, that is how this meeting went also.  We were told we could have half our money back, which I told Kinlee she could have and do whatever she wanted with.  And she seemed okay with that and that is exactly what I will do every year from here on out.  I will just give her the money it would cost to play and she can do what she wants with it.  Yesterday I got a phone call from the lady that started the whole club volleyball thing, who is also married to my cousin and she told me that these ladies on the board are TOTALLY MISTAKEN.  She started this so that everyone could play and they have made a mess of the entire club.  She also told me some other things that I don’t think made me feel any better and actually made me pretty angry, because things are being said behind my back that should have been brought to my attention instead of people telling others.  I have recently decided that no wonder ALL the surrounding schools hate Sugar City when it comes to sports.  After a week of stress with this, I am ready to just put the whole thing behind me and I think Kinlee is okay with everything, so that makes it even better.  I told her she can do other things like try out for plays and try out for the travelling choir and still work on her piano, which is fabulous at, by the way.  So, onward and upward, I am not going to let these crazy people drag me down!!

No comments: