Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Politics

I really don’t get into politics much, but today on my way to work I was really disturbed by some little blue signs lining the road I drive to town on.  These signs are for Bryan Smith, who is running for Congress in our great state of Idaho.  He is running again Mike Simpson who mind you I know nothing about, hence the not into politics statement above.  However, I do know Bryan Smith and some of you might be thinking, “Janel is this your brother in law” and I am happy to say NO it isn’t one in the same.  Anyway, my point being is that I worked for the Bryan Smith who is running for congress and I must say working for him was quite miserable!!  I have worked for many people in my day and I can honestly say that I despised him.  I would hate to slander anyone, especially a lawyer who loves to sue people, so I will be careful what I say.  I worked for a small law firm and the men I worked for got rid of the nicest lawyer working there and hired Bryan.  After the first week of him working there, I asked him if he had anything he needed me to do or any suggestions on how I could better help him succeed.  His exact words to me were, “become a firefighter, they work less hours and make more money”.  I know he wasn’t happy that he didn’t get to choose his own secretary upon being hired, however, I had no clue what the heck he was even talking about.  And it just went downhill from there!!  Our receptionist quit, because he wasn’t very nice to her either and then my main boss had a tumor on his spine.  So, lucky for Bryan when I was 7 months pregnant, they “laid me off” and it wasn’t too long after that the new receptionist they hired quit also.  Bryan was not nice to any of us at all and was very condescending and just ignorant to me and the other women in the office.  So, in short, I will NOT BE VOTING for Bryan Smith, and I might drive a different way to work every day until the election is over because I am not going to lie…….I throw up in my mouth just a little every time I see or hear anything about him.

No comments: