Monday, January 11, 2016

Speaking of buses

Speaking of buses, this is a concept I can’t quite wrap my head around.  People actually chose to live in the country or a long distance away from the schools their children attend.  Why is it that I, as a parent of a child who isn’t allowed to ride a bus because we live “to close” have to pay the same taxes as those people whose children ride the bus.  I think our school districts could save a lot of money by making those people pay extra so their children can ride the bus.  I know that seems very silly to some, but why not, think of all the extra money that is spent on bussing people’s children that chose to live far away.  Whereas, I have had to change my work schedule for years to accommodate my children getting to school on my own.  Because, let’s be honest even though I live in town I am not going to make my child walk to school when it is below zero or snowing.  Kinlee does walk home from school no matter what the weather is doing, but I do take her school in the morning.  But, the school she goes to now is closer than most of the other schools in town and she is older now and could fight off any would be attackers.

No comments: