Friday, January 15, 2016

Missing trucking?

I think I have decided in the last few month of CHANGE that trucking wasn’t as bad as we thought it was.  First of all I miss Gould Trucking and the Goulds.  They were so good to Ray and our family and I am pretty sure they were the best employers Ray has ever had!!  Ray being home has not been a struggle either, we thought maybe it would be hard getting used to being around each other all the time, but that is not the case.  The only days off we even have together is 3 Sunday’s a month.  One thing I loved about trucking is I knew Ray would be home on the weekend and we would have all of that time together to do whatever family thing we needed.  We were excited to have him home every night so he could do family things that he usually missed during the week.  Well, he is home every night and he does get to sleep in his bed every night, but that is about the extent of him being home.  He works such long hours every day and some nights he doesn’t get home until after 9.  Those are nights that we at least know he is making some money.  Last week was a struggle and yes I realize it is the beginning of the year, but he made VERY LITTLE money last week and was still gone way too much. 

No comments: