Friday, January 22, 2016

Old friends

So today for some reason I was thinking about an old friend and why we aren’t friends anymore.  Then I got thinking a little more about our actual friendship and what was happening.  Then I started thinking about the fact that I was a bridesmaid at one of her weddings.  Then it occurred to me that I was a bridesmaid at another friend’s wedding and that we didn’t end up being the greatest friends in the end either.  Then I realized that I am just like my Jerika, I am a very forgiving person because of the situations in my life that involved these two friends (one of them married my ex-boyfriend, thank goodness I dodged that bullet, and the other one made out with one of my boyfriends while I was at work one day and I totally forgave both of them.  Maybe they are still feeling guilty and ashamed all these years later and that is why they pretend I don’t exist.).  Ray might disagree with the fact that I am very forgiving, because he doesn’t think I am very forgiving and that I hold a grudge forever, but I used to be.  I just last night had a discussion with Jerika about how sometimes she gets used by people and she gets angry for a minute then dives right back into that friendship.  She often gets hurt again and again but she just keeps being the friend she needs to be. 

No comments: