Monday, January 18, 2016

Once a bully

Once a bully always a bully?
After some recent incidents lately I am finding myself wondering if certain people were bullies when they were younger or what made them the bullies they are as adults.  Ray’s new job is loaded with people that bully other people.  One guy the other day even harassed him about being fat.  FYI dude, Ray has a growth in his stomach bigger than your head, it’s not fat.  Anyway, I guess if you put a bunch of lions in a cage and only throw them one piece of meat they are going to fight, which of course I am comparing to car sales, but can’t they at least be nice to each other?  They are split up into 3 teams right now and Ray’s team will order lunch all together or go to breakfast together and never invite Ray to go with them.  It makes me really sad for him that they really aren’t “team” players.  I would rather he not have a lot to do with most of them anyway, because of their life style, but they really are just not very nice at all.  I wish is could go into total detail about the next 2 bullies I am going to blog about, but it is a little too risky for a few reasons.  The other 2 are people I have known for over 20 years.  One has discovered that she can no longer bully me, but bullies others relentlessly which is heartbreaking considering those she bullies are not going to stand up for themselves with her.  I would even say she is a monster sometimes and I am beginning to wonder if she has some sort or mental disorder.  The other bully I have known for just over 22 years.  I was able to stop speaking to her directly several years ago and have chosen to speak to her under circumstances in which I am in control of the conversation.  She has been able to bully my husband and get away with it, because there was nothing he could do and now I find her bullying some of my other loved ones and there is nothing I can do about it.  Just so you know, neither Ray nor I are related to this person.  But she is used to being a bully and getting her way for so long now that she is making it hard for people I love to function.  But, in all of these instances it would only do harm if I speak up and try to help those being bullied.  I just hope that we can take a minute and evaluate our lives and make sure we are not being the bully.

No comments: