Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Change is Bad!!

I AM NOT A FAN OF CHANGE.  I am not sure why, but I like everything in my little comfort zone and I think nothing needs to be changed, within reason.  As a result of not liking change, I have worked at the same company for 19 years, used the same makeup for 25 years, had the same husband for 20 years, buy the same brand of car (oh I have learned my lesson on this one) and I could mention many more.  My life lately though has had several changes and yes, I will live, but I am having some anxiety about those changes.  They moved me to a new position at work and I am thankful I have a job, but am struggling with the new position.  Then on Sunday they changed my visiting teachers and the people I visit teach.  I have had the same visiting teaching people for quite a few years and have LOVED it and I am not ready for a change.  I know, I am selfish, but I really will miss all of them. 

Now today was the kicker though, maybe because there have been so many other things change that this was just icing on the cake.  If anyone looks at me you can see right off that food is very important to me.  And food is a lot like other things in my life, when I eat out I always get the same thing.  There is no reason to change anything  like that, if you know you like it why chance it by ordering something you might not like.  So, I was in a hurry today at lunch time and it was really cold, I wasn’t even going to leave the office, but Kinlee had an incident at school so I had to go get her for a minute.  After I dropped her off, I decided I would just hurry through the drive through at McDonalds and get me some chicken nuggets so I didn’t have to heat up the food I had at work.  I like to dip my nuggets into barbeque sauce and hot mustard (the same bite).  Well, to my surprise and I am not going to lie my mortification, they do not have hot mustard anymore.  HOLY CRAP what are they talking about, I have been eating this stuff since I was a small child (not too small because there wasn’t even a McDonalds around here for years) but that is beside the point.  Why people feel the urge to change things, I will never know, why ruin a good thing.  I know it is a lesson I need to learn and this year so far, even though we aren’t very far in has been one change after another.  I think I am done with change and things can stay the same in every aspect for a while now.  The End  I KNOW I AM A FREAK!!

No comments: