Friday, July 6, 2012

Memorial Day

I have never taken pictures on Memorial Day, that I can remember.  Well, once again I had my camera in my purse, so I had Jerika take a few pictures, even though it was pouring rain.

Jerika stayed in the car and I really wanted pictures but didn't want a wet camera, so I told her to take a few pictures.  I don't know if she thought it would be funny or what, but she was taking the pictures through the window.  DUH, silly kid.

The graves that we were standing at were my sister Jalyn's and my Grandma & Grandpa Sharp.

It looks like Jerika didn't quite get Brayli in the picture, but she was standing next to Lydia.  Then me, Nakia, dad, mom, Shelby, Brian and KaReena.  Shelby isn't usually here on Memorial Day and Brian is usually working, so it was nice to spend a minute with them.  Blake and family are usually there, but weren't able to make it this year.

My umbrella is blending into the sky....I was so wet after walking almost the whole cemetary.  We have family buried at almost the edge of every corner.  My dad is the cutest ever....my grandma had always put out plastic flowers on all of the graves of all their relatives.  My cute dad still does that every year and then he goes out a few days later and picks the back up for the next year.  Now, that is dedication for sure.  But, my dad was always so dedicated to his parents and that hasn't changed evern though they have both passed away.  He is such an amazing example to all of us!!!

No comments: