Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Musettes

Musettes is the all girl choir at Jerika's school that you have to try out for.  She tried out last summer when she decided to transer to a different school.  She has 3 concerts a year and this was her last one, so I decided I should take pictures.  Maybe next year I will move closer and take better pictures, but these are pretty good considering I was sitting on the upper level of the auditorium.
She is on the left side toward second row down, and just now noticed she is surrounded by red heads (which you can see better in the pictures below).

I think she ejoys singing and I think she likes Mussettes.  I don't know that she loves it, which is what I really wished for her.  She has been singing in some sort of choir since she was 4 and has been taking voice lessons since she was in 7th grade.  There are many a day when she tells me she wishes she would have played sports, but every time I tried to get her to do anything sporty she complained the whole time.  So, me being the wonderful mother that I am, remind her of that, just in case she forgets that I really did try with her.  The only thing she wanted to do then was sing and perform and be in plays and such and now I am lucky to get her to voice lessons some days.  Silly kid.  She is really amazing and I guess she just does realize her potential.


 

She is on the top row in this picture, third person in (just in case you can't see her).  I am really lucky to be her mom, I couldn't ask for a better teenager.  She is such a good kid!!

No comments: