Monday, June 18, 2012

Sunburn

There is something really funny about sunburns. Not funny ha ha, because they really do hurt, but funny what people say to you when you have a sunburn. We went up in the mountains on Saturday (I will post pictures later) and yes I got sunburned. I really didn’t even realize I was sunburned until Saturday night when I went to bed. I had gone to Nakia’s for Kaden’s birthday party and nobody really noticed there either. But, I did post on facebook that night that I got a sunburn and that it was a weird burn. So, at church on Sunday one lady came up to me and said, “it looks like you were as stupid as me yesterday” and proceeded to show me her sunburn. Then I was sitting in the front of the room in primary talking to the chorister and one of the other teachers walked in and pointed to me and mouthed the word owww. Then the chorister said oh you are sunburned. It is just funny to me how people are so sympathetic about something that you totally caused yourself. No, I didn’t wear sunscreen, and I don’t even think we own any right now. Anyway, someone else later on said “wow you are sunburned”. By this time if I didn’t know because of the pain that I was burned, I was certain there was a burn because people were commenting on it. We went to dinner at dads for father’s day and I got several comments there as well. Nakia even said “I didn’t even notice last night that you were burnt. I don’t know why this whole sunburn talk struck me so funny, but at about midnight last night I got thinking how funny it really was. As I was thinking about it, I was contemplating sending out an email at work first thing this morning telling everyone I knew I was sunburned and no I didn’t wear sunscreen. Then I thought, no I am going to wait and see what kind of responses I get. It was really funny today too. Clarence asked me how I got a sunburn, since I never go outside. Becky, looked at me and said “oh my gosh you are sunburned”. Tami, who is one of my friends on facebook said, “ you did get a weird sunburn”. And Vicky did not fail me at all, because I knew she would most likely be the one with the least sympathy and I was right. She looked at me and said “wow you ARE burned, what is wrong with you don’t you use sunscreen, do you want cancer”. There were a few other comments also, but I am still laughing about how people feel so sorry for you.  Yes, even though I was really stupid and didn’t take the necessary precautions to keep myself from getting fried. The last comment of the day came when I took Kinlee to the doctor today for a checkup. I love our doctor (PA), he calls me mom. He walks into the room and he said "wow, looks like mom got some sun".  Thanks everyone for your concern, but this too shall pass!!  I like to think of it as the base to the fabulous tan I am going to have this year.

No comments: