Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Temple Lights - Picture overload

The week before Thanksgiving the weather was so nice, that I started contemplating a trip to Temple Square to see the Christmas lights (neither Ray or the girls had ever seen them). I wasn’t really sure if we should, but I checked the weather forecast for every town between here and Salt Lake. If you didn’t already know, I HATE travelling on slick roads. I know I was raised in Idaho, but that hasn’t seemed to make me feel any better about it. Anyway, Ray and I finally decided the Sunday before Thanksgiving we would go, so I booked a hotel room. We didn’t tell Jerika for a few days and like I said in the previous post, we didn’t tell Kinlee until we made it to the Welcome to Utah sign. I am not sure where she thought we were going, but she finally started getting irritated, so we told her. We couldn’t have asked for better weather, it was beautiful the entire weekend. We did some shopping when we first got there at the Gateway mall and for it being Black Friday it wasn't too busy at all.  We even got some pretty good deals too.




After that we went to check in at our hotel and then we went to dinner with Shelby, Kels, Austin, Ashlin and Catie (possible story to follow at a later time.)  Ashlin, Kelsie, Matt and Austin came back to the hotel with us and then we all went to see the lights, which was so much fun.

This was all of us waiting for the train.










We also got to see the new mall across the street from the Temple and we rode the train as well (which made all of us a little queasy even though we only rode for a block).






Kinlee got to do her favorite thing when we stay in hotels, which is swim and Ray and Jerika even put their feet in the hot tub too.




The next day we did more shopping with Shelby and then went to lunch with Shelby and Ash. We were so tired at that point that we decided to head for home. We did have to stop at the Layton mall, of course, and get me some sugar cookies, and we walked around the mall a little bit before actually heading North. I think we all had a really good time and all of us got along great. Sometimes it is hard to travel with Ray, because we aren’t used to taking him with us and he doesn’t understand why we do the things we do, but he was a trooper this time.  It was so much fun and I am really glad that we went!!

No comments: