Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Trip to Utah - Week 2

We left Wednesday morning for Utah to see my friends.  The funny thing about all my friends I went to see is that they all work for different school districts, so they all had the summer off.
Wow, Kinlee and I look pretty excited, don't we?  At least I was paying attention to the road.

Our first stop in Utah was Bluffdale to see Jana and her family (minus Morgan, she was in Africa).  I first met Jana when I got a job at the title company before I got married.  We both worked in the front answering phones and other stuff.  It was so weird, because we had both signed up for the same college class and didn't know it until we both showed up that night, which was only a few days after I started.  Needless to say, we were joined at the hip from then on.  We had such a blast, we went country dancing and almost everywhere together and then worked together all day.  It was a really good time in my life.  Anyway, while we were there, Jana's son Riley who is a year younger than Kinlee, entertained her.  We went shopping for a little while and then we just hung out and talked the rest of the night.  It was so nice to just sit and talk, we haven't done that for years. 

Next stop was Holly's house.  I have known Holly since we were about 3.  My parents bought the house across from her parents and we grew up with each other.  She was my best friend.  Our birthdays were 3 days apart and very rarely did you see one of us without the other when we were growing up.  I wish my kids had that kind of friends now.  The other person in the picture is my friend Kathryn.  We all gre up in the same neighborhood, same ward and everything.  Holly's mom actually taught us kindergarten in her basement.  Wow, those were really the good old days and I could tell some good stories.  Anyway, we stayed with Holly, but went to visit Kathryn and we had so much fun catching up.  We laughed so hard just like the good old days.  In this picture, Holly didn't like her skinny neck and I didn't like my double chin and Kathryn just thought we were both silly.
Holly, me, Kathryn

Next stop Spanish Fork, Utah.  These are some of my newest friends.  They are actually Tiff's sisters Tammy and Tonia.  I went to Vegas with them a few years ago and Tammy was here from Nebraska/Texas (long story), so I went and spent some time with them.  We went swimming while we were there and then to dinner that night.  We had a lot of laughs too and our kids all got along really well.  Meeting Tiffnie has been a real blessing in my life and I get to be friends with her sisters too.
Tammy, Tonia, me

Dinner at Olive Garden.  We went with one of Tammy's friends from high shool and left all the kids at home to fend for themselves.

Saturday we went to Tricia's (my old roommate) and spent a little while there and then we went to lunch with her and 2 of her boys.  Spending time with her is always a blast and we just sit and laugh most of time we are together.
I couldn't take a trip to Utah and not see my baby brother.  We spent most of the day and the night at his house with him and all the girls.  We all went shopping and had a really nice visit.

We were all on our phones and Kinlee on the computer at the same time.  Anita thought it was funny when she came in, so she took a picture of all of us.  It is Shelby, me, Kelsie, Syndi and Kinlee.

Riley (Jana's son) joined us on our ride home.  She was going to girls camp on Monday and he was going to stay with his grandma in Rexburg.  He is such a good kid and he and Kinlee had a good ride home.  They kept each other entertained.

Kate had been in Island Park with her family for the week, so I called her on our way home on Sunday to see where she was.  It ended up that our paths crossed in Pocatello, so we stopped for a few minutes just to see each other.  I really miss her.

All of the Mills & Young kids.  They are all getting to big.  I couldn't believe how much the boys had grown since the last time I saw them.  At least they still remembered who we were.

A BIG HUGE THANK YOU TO ALL MY FRIENDS AND FAMILY FOR PUTTING UP WITH US ON OUR VISIT TO UTAH!!  You were all so awesome and accomodating.  We love all of you!!

1 comment:

Emme said...

Wow! Wow! Holly, Kathryn and Shelby! I have had a nice visit down memory lane this afternoon. What fun you guys must have had. How did yuo guys grow up.....I know I haven't. :0)
MaryEllen