Saturday, August 27, 2011

Girls Camp - Week 3

Camp was so much fun this year!!  I think part of it was because it was stake camp and not ward camp, so there was much less planning on our part.  We had 26 girls and 4 leaders up there the whole time and it was a riot.  I don't know for sure if the girls had as much fun as the leaders, but if they did it was more than successful.  This was all of us minus 1 girl and I am not sure where she was and neither is she.  I took almost 300 pictures during the week and these are the ones I narrowed it down to for my blog.  If you want to see all of them, I think I put them all on facebook.
 
 The theme for camp was SPY "seeking powerful youth" and not only was it fun, it was very spiritual and I think the girls learned a lot about individual worth.  The stake worked really hard on making it very uplifting and educational for all the girls.  Below is a picture of our lip sync.

In the picture below are the two best couselors EVER!!  Melanie and Amanda.  We or should I say they decided that since it was stake camp that we (they) could take charge and do everything themselves without a camp director.  I couldn't have been a better idea.  We bonded so much more with the girls and had so much fun as leaders too.  Marianna was there with us all week too, but I couldn't get her picture to load on here.  We laughed into the night most of the nights and the girls were actually getting after us because we were the ones being noisy.  Thank you ladies for a fabulous week, I know the girls love all of you and appreciate your hard work this year.  I don't know what I would have done without you both these last 2 years.  I can call you friends and I love and appreciate all you have done and do for me on a regular basis.
 


Jerika looks thrilled.  It was really hot and we were doing crafts.  I think she had fun though, even though it doesn't look like it here.

I am one lucky mom!!  I have spent the last 3 years at girls camp with Jerika.  I am pretty sure we will be getting released soon and I can really say I have loved spending the extra time with her.  When I was in young womens my mom was in there for a lot of the time too and I really enjoyed my time with her and now to get the same thing with my daughter is such a blessing.  I love you BOO!!

No comments: