Monday, April 19, 2010

Trip to Boise

For those of you who don't know, my uncle died last week, my dad's brother, Ross Lavar Sharp. Growing up we used to do everything with their family, we were at their house or they were at ours for Holidays and everything else. Anyway, all of us kids were able to go to his funeral last week in Boise. Dad, mom, Nakia, Blake, KaReena, Rylen (Nakia's baby) and I all rode over to Boise in Nakia's suburban. We left on Thursday at 10 so that we could make it to the viewing that evening. Shelby and his wife drove over from Utah later that afternoon also and we met them for dinner and then we all stayed at the same hotel. Merrill drove over late that night and stayed with Kayla, but they both met us the next morning for the funeral. We really did have a good time, even though the circumstances were not favorable at all!! We got a little shopping in and did some manicures and peticures in the hotel.

Anita, Rylen & Nakia


Shelby, I'm sure he was bossing someone around.


KaReena, mom and Anita.


Blake & KaReena.
The best part of having my own blog and having my camera as the only cameral on the trip, I chose not to post the horrible pictures taken of me. However, I am a little saddened that I didn't have my camera with me in Target Thursday night when my mother was trying on hats and trying out purses and walking around the store like a crazy lady!! All in all it was a really good trip and we decided we could handle going on a trip at least once a year with just the siblings and the parents, of couse. Nothing against the spouses, but there was no tension at all and it was just a delightful time. We are sad about my uncle, but all realize he is in a better place now.
I will post some pictures another day of the pictures I took at the cemetary and at the luncheon afterward.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: