Tuesday, September 13, 2016

NYC day 7

NYC Day 7 aka LAST DAY
Our last day in NYC was spent trying to get to see everything we hadn't seen yet.  So, we got on the bus pretty early and headed to Macys and we realized they didn't open until 10 and it was about 9:30.  Which meant, yeah time for breakfast, so off to find bagels we went.  We found a cute little place and the bagels were AMAZING.  They had a lot of different kinds to sample too, since we were buying and I wish I would have stocked up and got some to go.  The cream cheese in NYC city seemed like it tasted better than any I have ever had also.  We were at Macys when the doors opened at 10 and holy crap, it is ginormous.  There are at least 6 floors and I think each floor had a ½ floor also, it was incredible and huge.  I think we were actually in the store for about 2 hours.  When we walked out of Macys, I just happened to turn around and look and saw a Victoria's Secret, which is what Jerika and Justice had been searching for the entire trip.  This one just happened to be the largest one in the United States and we were there for quite awhile as well, but they had a blast.  I could have chosen not to tell them I had seen it, but what kind of mom would that have made me.  After that we got back on the bus and headed for the empire state building.  We paid the $35 to ride to the top and I was so glad we did, I loved it and we got to see all of NYC of course and a few things that we didn't get to see from the ground, like the Chrysler Building (expect picture overload).  We decided that we might not eat for hours and there was a brewery/restraunt in the basement of the Empire State Building, so we ate in there.  I thought it was pretty funny that they had Idaho Potatoes on the menu.  We left the Empire State building and wanted to catch the bus again but I caught a picture of the Flat Iron building before we got on the bus.  After we got back on the bus we headed to China Town and Little Italy and had fun food in Little Italy.  I would like to preface this next part with the following:  Every day on our trip we took an umbrella with us, at least 1 of us had one.  While in China town it started pouring rain like crazy.  People in China Town didn't like us hanging out in their stores while it rained, they wanted us to promise to buy something or pay $2, crazy China people.  So, we stood under awnings and ran also back to the bus in the pouring rain.  I posted a few "extra" pictures which showed our rain looks and also the cute picture of Amanda and I after we got back on the bus with bags on our head.  I would also like to mention that ALL, I repeat ALL of the buses prior to the bus we got on during the rain storm had some sort of rain slickers available to the riders of the bus in case of rain, well not this one.  UGH.  We were soaking wet and the seats on the top layer of the bus were soaking as well but we couldn't stand because it was against the rules and the bottom was full.  We got off the bus at the Ground Zero stop, which we thought was right at Ground Zero, but nope at least 10 blocks later we arrived at Ground Zero, but I am so glad we decided to go.  We didn't go up in the museum, but we did walk around the grounds and it was almost spiritual.  There was such a feeling of somberness there, and it is really hard to explain the feeling.  We decided that we did not want to get on the bus again, because we would have to go through all the stops we went through all ready the other day.  So we ordered an UBER and our driver was a little sketchy, he kept dropping the f bomb so we were glad when we got back to our hotel.  When we got back, we decided to do a little more souvenire shopping and then we went to dinner at Bubba Gumps, which was the yummiest shrimp I have ever had and our waitress was the best we had the whole time we were there.  After that we went on search for New York Cheesecake and we also found black and white cookies while we were there too.  We had the cutest gut helping us at the cheesecake place, he was hilarious.  After that we went back to the hotel to get our stuff together so we could leave the next day.  Insert sad face here.  There were so many things we didn't get to see, but it was an experience of a life time and I wouldn't change anything.  We were so lucky to be able to go especially because I never thought it would ever happen.  Thanks Jerika, Amanda and Justice for helping one of my dreams come true.

No comments: