Tuesday, November 25, 2014

BYU I festival time

 


So, I have gotten in the horrible habit of not taking my camera with me when I should be taking it with me.  Kinlee’s festival being the perfect example, even though I had some really good excuses.  She was scheduled to play at 9:15 Saturday morning and they like you to be there at least 10 minutes early.  Well, at 8:45 I woke up and realized I had shut off my alarm and that Kinlee hadn’t gotten up either, so it was a rush to get ready.  We did make it though and we were 10 minutes early, yeah, time to spare.  When we got to where she would play we saw the names of the judges for the day on the door.  The first judge of the day was Karen, one of my good friends, and Jerika’s piano teacher when she was younger and the other judge Gaye is in our ward.  I am not sure why, but this made Kinlee super nervous, but her judge ended up being Karen, and Kinlee did a fabulous job (not sure yet what her score was.)
When you arrive at festival, there is always someone playing on the baby grand in the lobby.  I never really understood who they were or why they were playing there, but we got to find out this year.  The teachers are allowed to ask a couple of their students to play where after they have finished their judging and this year Lori Ann (Kinlee’s teacher) asked her if she would play.  So, that is what the really blurry picture is right after Kinlee played.  I did video tape it but I am not sure how to post it here.  But, she did an amazing job and I was super proud that she had worked hard enough for her teacher to ask her to perform.  She has really done an amazing job with her piano and she really loves it too.
 
  

No comments: