Thursday, October 10, 2013

Just walking

I discovered today that overweight people such as myself should not walk for exercise on main roads, it really throws people for a loop.  Here’s the story:
My car really needed an oil change, Ray has been yelling at me for weeks and I also got cussed out by the guy at Grease Monkey.  Yes, I went to Grease Monkey, why does everyone keep asking me that question.  Oops, I digress.  I decided that today was the day because I actually had a whole hour for lunch today, which isn’t always the case what with taking Kinlee to school and all.  And ALL means I can’t get myself out of bed early enough to be there at 8.  Digressing once again.  So, I dropped the car off and told the guy that I was going to just go for a walk while they changed the oil.  As I was walking I decided that I needed to order me lunch somewhere….where should I go.  So, I stopped at the Chinese restaurant in the same block and ordered me lunch and told them I would be back to get it.  And thus continued walking down the street, which is actually in the direction of my house, but 4 miles away.  During my walk along this main thoroughfare I had a very nice lady in my ward and her daughter stop and ask if I needed a ride.  How nice were they?  I kindly told them I was just walking for some exercise and they continued on their way.  As a result of them stopping, I decided I would walk a little further off the road, a little bit in the weeds so nobody else was confused with my efforts.  Then shortly after meandering off the road a little, a nice man I work with started honking at me from the road.  So, I had to walk back up and explain to him what I was doing also.  After that I decided I had walked long enough and I went and picked up my food and then my car and went back to work.


For the record, I have been exercising more this year than EVER before.  Since April I have lost over 20 pounds and I actually feel good.  So, if you see me walking, riding my bike, doing zumba or any other exercise, don’t be confused, I am trying to get more healthy and lose a little more weight.  But, it is nice to know there are people still left in this world that are considerate enough to care for their neighbors enough to stop and check on them.  Thanks for that and I hope I would do the same.

No comments: