Saturday, September 4, 2010

Jerika's birthday is tomorrow

Oh, how well I remember this night 15 years ago. I was scheduled for a c-section on the 5th of September and late at night on the 4th I started having some really bad pains. We called the doctor and he told us to come from Idaho Falls to the hospital in Rexburg. They checked me out when I got there and figured out I had a kidney infection so they put me on some pretty strong antibiotics. Then Ray and I both stayed at the hospital that night. The next morning, I was prepped for surgery and rolled into the operating room. Ray came in all suited up a few minutes later and it only seems like a few minutes before our brand new baby came into the world. It was 9-5-95, she weighted 6 pounds 15 ounces and she was beautiful. The days that I was in the hospital the nurses from other places in the hospital would come and see her because they had heard I had the cutest baby in the hospital and I am not even kidding about that. Tonight 15 years later, I am sitting in my living room typing on my laptop listening to 6 teenagers watch a scary movie and they are screaming so loud. It is so crazy how time has flown!!

No comments: