Sunday, February 17, 2019

Valentine's Day

I am not a huge fan of holidays.  I don’t know what it is, whether its the pressure of
spending money I don’t have or what.  I don’t decorate for anything except
Christmas and that is very minimal. Then people post on social media
their fancy galentine parties and say things like, “so and so knows how to throw a party”.
Well, guess what...if my husband made as much money as so and so’s husband maybe
I could stay at home all day and just have fun parties for everyone with their personalized
cookies and special gift. Anyway, I kind of had a bad attitude to start the day and then I
decided I would be the better person and not think creepy thoughts.  
Danna at work’s birthday is on Valentines day, poor girl. So, I decided to go to the
Chocolate factory and get her a caramel apple and then I thought since
I am here I will get my mom one and my dad some fudge and I might as well get
Kinlee an apple too. Ray had just told me a few nights before he was craving
cupcakes from Broulims so I went and got that for him.  Then I thought what the
heck I will transfer some money into Jerika’s account for valentines
too. At the end of the work day I was feeling pretty good because I had done stuff
for others. And I might mention here that I didn’t get anything for myself
at either of those places. I am doing a diet challenge which really is a totally
different post for the different day.  When I got home after work Tiffnie had brought
me a cookie and a heart shaped pizza so that is what Ray and I had for dinner.
Then my ministering sister brought me a treat and our
renters brought us sugar cookies. People are so thoughtful. So, all in all it was a
pretty good day maybe next year I can have a better attitude at the beginning
of the day. And maybe I can host a galentine party next year at my house
and make something fun for everyone.






No comments: