Monday, March 21, 2016

Region VII Lincoln Day Dinner

Tiff called me a few weeks ago and asked if Ray and I wanted to go to a political dinner with her and Greg.  I thought what the heck and Ray was off at 6 so I said yes.  Brooke and John went with us too and it was the Lincoln Dinner at the Shilo in Idaho Falls.  It was really interesting listening to people tell us why we should vote for their candidate.  But I was most impressed with Ted Cruz's father.  He didn't talk long but I thought he made sense.  This whole presidential election crap is so confusing this year and I am going to quote a very smart man, Clarence Gummow, today he said "who let the dogs out".  I couldn't agree more.  The bad thing about this dinner is that one of my old co-workers was in charge of the dinner.  He was an attorney I worked with in Idaho Falls and he was one of the most arrogant people I have met in my life.  I could have gone the rest of my life never seeing him again, but not that lucky I guess. All in all it was a pretty interesting evening and we got to spend it with friends, what more can you ask.

No comments: