Friday, April 26, 2013

Day 2 - Santa Cruz University

This is the inside of our hotel. It was super nice. I never did go to the pool area, so I don't know what that was like, but the kids didn't complain. The kids all stayed 6 to a room and the adults were 4 to a room. I did get my own bed though so that was a plus.
 
 Even though it was Spring Break, the music instructor at the University trained our students.  He was really funny and I think the kids really learned and appreciated what he had to say.  He did refer to their "Idaho drawl" a few times, but other than that he was pretty impressed.

Group pictures outside the university.  The boy in the yellow behind Jerika was a little silly naughty a few times, so I asked him his name.  I was giving him a hard time and he told me his name was Ben.  Come to find out his name was not Ben, his brothers name, who was also with us, was Ben. I guess he thought I was really going to get him in trouble, silly boy!!


Chaperone picture.  They were taking pictures of the group, so I turned around and snapped a shot of them.  I think Michelle was the only one that was paying attention to me.

The training, you can barely see the professor.  Jerika was against the lockers in a white shirt. Kinda hard to see her, but I wanted the whole room.

Outside the university.  I really wish I would have worn sandals this day.  You will the real reason why on my next post.

No comments: