Friday, September 4, 2015

More Anniversary

I have stressed for months about this party and making sure it goes off without a hitch.  I was amazed at the turn out we had and I was thankful to everyone who traveled and helped make the day amazing for mom and dad.  I had to relinquish control of my camera for the evening and I struggled with that really bad, but the picture takers did a good job without any real direction given from me.  There were many pictures taken but I am just going to share a few.
This was the "silly" picture we took of all of us after the serious ones.  We are missing a few of the grandkids, which was not ideal, but hopefully one of these days we will actually get all of us together.

I couldn't resist sharing this picture.  Grandpa and Keegan, so cute!!
 
I asked Heidi to make a cake for the party and she excitedly agreed, even though she had done a cake and cupcakes the night before for a whole wedding reception.  Of course mom cried, her and dad didn't have a cake when they got married and mom made cakes for so many people, mostly relatives over the years.   
Look at this amazing cake, handmade flowers and everything. 
Rashkes from Pocatello.  Mom and dad met them when they lived in Pocatello after they first got married and they have been friends ever since.  Some of the other friends that came that I don't know whether I have picture of them are Pat Rinehart, who was our neighbor in St. Anthony for years and has stayed good friends with mom and, Bill Butterfield, Lori Morris Lewis, Dianne Birt and her girls, Fred and Margie Jensen and I am sure I am forgetting someone, but we were so thankful to these friends and for their support over the years also!! 
Precious peeps, yes, I am the shortest!! 
We sang "The Put the Music in Me"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QltLtweYSLg I think this is the link if you are interested in listening to it. 
Towards the end of the night we decided finally to take pictures with family, so we didn't get everyone, but this picture is of the Wasden's that were still there towards the end.
 
These were all the Sharps, minus a few that had to leave early. 
Gift from Aunt Verla and Uncle Bob.  It was gorgeous, if you can't tell what it is, it is Angel Moroni on the top of the temple in the clouds. 
Cutting the cute.  Aren't these two the cutest EVER!!  We love them and are so thankful for them in our lives.  They do so many things for so many people and are so giving of their time and resources.  HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!  We love you!!
(Pat)
This is Dad's sister Verla and her family that came.  I usually refer to them as the Boise cousins, but some of them have moved closer.  We were just so glad they were able to make the trip.  It really did mean the world to my parents. 

No comments: