Thursday, July 8, 2010

Relay for Life 2010 - Rexburg, Idaho

My friend Tiff asked me to do the Relay for Life with her this year and I told her I really didn't think so. Then my cousin Heidi asked me to be on the same team, so I decided I couldn't tell them both no, so I did it. I made Allisa do it with us too and Jerika even used the Relay as one of her Personal Progress Projects. She organized all of our stuff for the yard sale we had, collected money from people, came and helped set up our booth and she also walked several miles. She put in way more than 10 hours for sure.
We had to be there at 6:00 for the opening ceremonies and then we started walking. We had 11 people on our team and we took turns walking throughout the night. We had to have someone on the track the whole night, except for when the had the luminary ceremony. I ended up walking a total of 10 miles.


Most of us did not sleep a wink all night and we ate a lot of food, so it was a good thing we walked as much as we did.


Heidi Thurgood (my cousin) & Tiffnie


Most of our team: Christine Webb, Katie Williams, Julaine Blaser, Tiffnie Stoddard, Allisa Carlson, Lana Weber, Heidi Thurgood. We had 3 other people on our team and I am not sure where they were. Brenda Clark, Danielle Harris & Emily Crapo. Our team raised over $1,700 and the entire Relay raised $39,000. Not bad for our little community. It really was an amazing experience and I am so glad I did it.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Mills Family said...

That is awesome!! I am so proud of you! And Jerica too. Last year my cousin did this and called to see if we would care if she put Dave's name on one of the lumiare things. I was touched by that.

Anonymous said...

Wow! 10 miles...you definitely got your workout in for the week.