Sunday, November 24, 2013

Aunt Zenda's funeral

This was actually after Aunt Zenda's funeral.  The cemetery where she was being buried is the same one where my sister Jalyn is buried. We decided that since we were all there (except Merrill) we took a picture by Jalyn's grave. I am not one to really take pictures at funerals or at the cemetary, but I decided we could do this one. We have been coming to this cemetery since we were all very small and I think this was the first time in years we were all able to be here together.
 
I have the most amazing parents in the world!!  I know I have said that many times, but it so true that it needs to be repeated for the whole world to know. I never realized until recently how hard losing a child could be as I read one of my friend's nieces blogs about losing her daughter. I have so much respect for my parents and the very hard things they went through in their young married lives.
For those of you who read my blog and didn't know I had an older sister, her name was Jalyn and she was 2 when my parents were driving from Rexburg to Pocatello where they lived and were hit by a drunk driver. Blake was a baby and not hurt, but my parents were injured and Jalyn flew from the window and hit her head on the pavement and was killed instantly.  Dad had to attend her funeral on a gurnie, which I cannot imagine either. They have had some hard times in their lives, but it seems like they just keep on plugging along and now they are so amazing to help all of us whenever necessary. It is such a blessing to have such amazing examples in my life and it is my goal to be more like them every day. 
 
This is dad's sister Verla.  She was always my favorite aunt when I was younger. She lived in Boise, but I loved going to see her and loved it when she came here also.
 
 
 Grandma and Lydia.  I don't think I got a picture of Daxton.  They were such troopers during the funeral and at the cemetery.  It ended up being kind of a long day.  The funeral was really nice and short, but it took awhile to get to the cemetary and by the time we got to the church for the luncheon it was 2:30.
 
I know they are a little out of order, but this is Uncle Bob, mom, Aunt Verla and dad.  I just love my uncle Bob too, he is such a kind of loving person.  My cousin Brenda (aunt Verla's daughter) and her husband Joe were also able to come from Boise.  And my cousin Tanya come from Utah and it was really nice to see all of them.
 
Dad really doesn't like his picture taken, but since he got his phone he has been taking more pictures too, with lots of help from the rest of us.

No comments: